Thursday, June 14, 2012

92nd marathon in 92 days completed

Mile 1 - 70 degrees, windy and humid. Today's high is 88 degrees!...

Mile 2 - And it looks like there is a whole lot of rain just north of us!...



Mile 3 - I am feeling a little sluggish today...

Mile 4 - At least there is a good breeze...

Mile 5 - Which is good because it is incredibly muggy out here today!...

Mile 6 - The sky to the north is getting very dark...

Mile 7 - Heading down to the river where maybe it is a little cooler...

Mile 8 - The forecast for Grandma's Marathon in Duluth is looking rough!...

Miles 9 & 10 - Heading back to the south...

Mile 11 - Going back to the house to spend some time with my kids before I head out for work...

Mile 12 - To quote my own children - Today is too short!...

Mile 13 - They like that better than "Life is too short!"...

Mile 14 - Our "Life" is "Today" after all!..

Mile 15 - My feet are holding up pretty good again today...

Mile 16 - Still a little tender, but nothing compared to a month ago...

Mile 17 - I should be able to get a few more miles in before heading off to work...

Mile 18 - One mile at a time at this point....

Mile 19 - Every mile I finish now is a mile I do not have to run at 10 PM....

Mile 20 - Change of plans. I checked the radar before going to work, major storms...

Mile 21 - Finishing the run...

Mile 22 - At least I will not be running past eleven tonight!...

Mile 23 - Coming inside earlier was a good move - it is incredibly hot outside...

Miles 24 & 25 - One more marathon to run, then I get to finally run Grandma's Marathon in Duluth...

Mile 26 - Today's final mile is here!...

The equivalent of 92 marathons completed in 92 days.

I have completed the equivalent of a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is now available in paperback - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.