Thursday, June 14, 2012

93rd marathon in 93 days completed

Mile 1 - 70 degrees and mostly cloudy this morning. Today's high is near 90 again today...

Mile 2 - Every mile that I complete brings me that much closer to my Duluth road trip!...

Mile 3 - For tomorrow's running of Grandma's Marathon...

Mile 4 - My two oldest kids are making the drive with me...

Mile 5 - We we're going to take the whole family and camp, but major storms are in the forecast...

Mile 6 - So just those willing to camp in the rain are going!...

Mile 7 - Sounds like an adventure to me...

Miles 8 and 9 - I received a phone call from a wonderful reporter in Duluth about doing an interview before tomorrow's marathon, so I called my son and had him pick me up, we through everything in the van including my daughter, who insisted she cone along (that's my girl!) and we then drove over two hundred miles to Duluth...

Mile 10 - On Skyline Blvd overlooking Duluth Harbor. Just got to do my first TV interview and I feel like it went great...

Mile 11 - Picked up tomorrow's race packet in Canal Park after the interview, and now I am about twelve miles south west of town at Buffalo Valley Campground starting the rest of today's run...

Mile 12 - It is close to 80 degrees and humid, so chose a route along a highway because it takes me to a convenience store (fluids)...

Mile 13 - The kids are setting up camp while I head west and finish up today's 26.2 miles!...

Mile 14 - There are some serious rolling hills out this way...

Mile 15 - The hardest part of today's run was the four hours of driving. My legs did not like that...

Mile 16 - I do live the spontaneity of the day though!...

Mile 17 - It is now just after six in the evening, as the sun continues west, the temperature should start to improve...

Mile 18 - Because it is still hot up in the hill!...

Mile 19 - Heading back to the east...

Mile 20 - These rolling hills between HWY 35 and Cloquet will make tomorrow's flat route seem easy!...

Mile 21 - It seems like every time I look up I am going up another hill...

Mile 22 - At least the temperature is beginning to come down a little...

Mile 23 - It is now less than twelve hours from the start of Grandma's Marathon and I still have a few miles to go to finish up today's 26.2 miles!...

Mile 24 - With the sun dropping I am running in the shade of the trees along the road and what a difference it is making...

Mile 25 - Almost there!...

Mile 26 - I even found a nice paved state bike trail to finish off the last two miles!...

The equivalent of 93 marathons in 93 days is completed!

I have completed the equivalent of a full marathon seven days a week, whether I felt like it or not, as a platform for a book that I spent 9 years working on. 

The message of the book is that we can do pretty much anything ONE DAY AT A TIME.  The book is not about running, it is about improving.  It is about getting better at anything we want to improve at by making small incremental improvements that make the difficult things not only achievable, but relatively easy.  

This book was written for anyone who desires to get motivated and more importantly discover how easy it can be to STAY motivated. 

Anyone can get motivated, very few can stay motivated.  I am giving this book the epic platform that it deserves because I believe that staying motivating is the bridge between dreams and reality. 


This book is now available in paperback - if you wish to order a copy or twelve, click here.